More about Brow Lift : Cost, Procedure and FAQs
- How Do I Treat Drooping Eyebrows?
- What Is Brow Lift?
- Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Brow Lift?
- What Are The Different Types Of Brow Lift?
- What To Do Before A Brow Lift?
- What Is The Post-operative Care For Brow Lift?
- What Is The Post-operative Diet For A Brow Lift?
- What Are The Realistic Expectations From A Brow Lift?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Brow Lift?
- Who Should Avoid Undergoing A Brow Lift?
- What Are The Alternatives To A Brow Lift?
- Does Brow Lift Lead To Scarring?
- What Are the Temporary Side-effects Of Brow Lift?
- How To Choose A Surgeon For A Brow Lift?
- How Inexpensive Is Brow Lift Overseas?
- How Much Time Will Brow Lift Take?
- How Is A Brow Lift Performed?
- Important Things To Know About Brow Lift
- Frequently Asked Questions For Brow Lift
- Medical Tourism For Brow Lift
- Cost Without Insurance
- How Much Does A Brow Lift Cost?
- What Are The Popular Countries For Brow Lift?
- What Do Brow Lift Statistics Say?
- Quality Of Healthcare Abroad For Brow Lift
- Is A Brow Lift Procedure Safe Abroad?
How Inexpensive Is Brow Lift Overseas
Cost of a brow lift varies from country to country. However, the average price of the surgery is $6900. The chart below shows a comparison of brow lift prices in few major countries.
How Much Time Does Brow Lift Take?
|Procedure Duration||2-3 Hours|
|Average Duration of Stay Abroad||3-5 Days|
|Number of Trips Required||1|
How is A Brow Lift Performed?
Pre procedure : Initially, the surgeon analyses the structure of the patient’s eyebrows and discusses their preferences and expectations. The patient usually has to make a few lifestyle changes for few days prior to the surgery, which include abstaining from smoking, alcohol and consumption of certain medicines.
Patients with very long hair might have to cut it short so that it does not cause obstruction during the surgery and patients with very short hair are advised to grow it long enough to hide the scars caused after the surgery.
The Procedure : The procedure is performed under the effect of general anaesthesia.Traditionally, the brow lift surgery is performed by making large incisions in the hairline. The excess skin, which was causing the eyebrows to droop is then removed and the remaining skin is tightened back to its place. Once the skin has been repositioned, the incision is then sutured shut.
A more modern method is the endoscopic brow lift, in which several small incisions are made in the hairline. Working through these incisions, the excess skin is removed with the help of narrow surgical telescopes that allow for visualisation of the surgical dissection. The brow is then lifted and repositioned. The incisions are sealed with medical staples or stitches.
The area of operation is then cleansed of blood and covered by a soft sterilised bandage. The stitches or staples can be removed after a week.
Important Things to Know About Brow Lift
Recommended For :
Reshaping flattened eyebrow
Reducing forehead wrinkles
Elevating drooping eyebrow
Not Recommended For :
A person with underlying health conditions
A person with a high hairline or suffering from pattern baldness as brow lift may make the hairline even higher.
A heavy smoker, as smoking slows down the healing process after the surgery
Frequently Asked Questions For Brow Lift
Who is a good candidate for brow lift?
A person who is in good health (preferably a non-smoker) and has flattened or drooping eyebrows can undergo a brow lift surgery.
Does brow lift improve vision?
Some people may experience an obstruction in vision due to drooping eyebrows or sagging skin. In this case, the brow lift surgery may improve vision.
What are some of the other procedures that can be combined with a brow lift?
People often combine brow lift with upper eyelid lift ( blepharoplasty). This is convenient as the recovery time for both the surgeries is around 2 weeks and this does not lengthen the recovery process.
Is a brow lift surgery painful?
Patient may experience some discomfort and slight pain after the procedure, which can be relieved with medication prescribed by the doctor.
Can a brow lift be covered by insurance?
Insurance usually does not cover brow lift surgery, as it is meant for cosmetic purpose. However, if the patient suffers from impaired peripheral vision due to excess skin, then it may be covered by some insurance companies.