More about Chin Augmentation: Cost, Procedure and FAQs
- How Do I Fix My Receding Chin?
- What Is Chin Augmentation?
- Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Chin Augmentation?
- What Are The Different Types Of Chin Augmentation?
- What To Do Before A Chin Augmentation?
- What Is The Post-operative Care For Chin Augmentation?
- What Is The Post-operative Diet For A Chin Augmentation?
- What Are The Realistic Expectations From A Chin Augmentation?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Chin Augmentation?
- Who Should Avoid Undergoing A Chin Augmentation?
- What Are The Alternatives To A Chin Augmentation?
- Are There Any Scars Discernible?
- What Are the Temporary Side-effects Of Chin Augmentation?
- How To Choose A Surgeon For A Chin Augmentation?
- How Inexpensive Is Chin Augmentation Overseas?
- How Much Time Will Chin Augmentation Take?
- How Is A Chin Augmentation Performed?
- Important Things To Know About Chin Augmentation
- Frequently Asked Questions For Chin Augmentation
- Medical Tourism For Chin Augmentation
- Cost Without Insurance
- How Much Does A Chin Augmentation Cost?
- What Are The Popular Countries For Chin Augmentation?
- What Do Chin Augmentation Statistics Say?
- Quality Of Healthcare Abroad For Chin Augmentation
- Is A Chin Augmentation Procedure Safe Abroad?
How Inexpensive is Chin Augmnetation Overseas?
The cost for Mentoplasty is a combination of the surgeon’s fee and other expenses incurred during surgery. The surgeon’s fee depends upon his experience, procedure used for Mentoplasty and the place where clinic or hospital is situated. According to the American Society Of Plastic Surgeons, the average price of Mentoplasty is INR 140,250. The other expenses include anesthesia, medical tests, medical room expenses, among others. Also, it is important to know that most medical insurances do not cover Mentoplasty and the complications related to it.
How Much Time Will Chin Augmentation Take?
|Procedure Duration||1-3 hrs|
|Average Duration Of Stay Abroad||4-7 days|
|No. Of Trips Required||1|
How is Chin Augmentation Performed?
First, the doctor performs an X-Ray of the chin to determine the part of the chin to be operated upon. An anesthesia, general or local, is given to the patient. Then, in the procedure, an incision, either below the chin or inside the mouth is made.
If volume is to be added to the chin, implantation is carried out. This includes affixing the implant, usually made of Silicon, to the chin bone with stitches or screws. If the size of the chin is to be reduced, then a cut is made through the jaw bone and the chin is accordingly adjusted and screwed in the right place.
Then surgical stitches are used to close the incision. Since incisions are usually made under the chin or inside the mouth, scars are barely visible.
Important Things to Know About Chin Augmentation
Some of the complications that may develop after Mentoplasty include bruises, movement of the implant, collection of fluid under the skin and swelling.
Swelling remains for about three to four months after the surgery, so the results of the surgery can be seen only after the resolving of swelling.
Patients are usually advised by the doctor to make a few changes in their lifestyle, well before the surgery. This includes quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption and consumption of blood thinning medicines. Also, patients should avoid wearing face creams a day before surgery.
This surgery is not recommended for patients who have poor health, cardiac problems or are taking anticoagulants.
After the surgery, a patient might feel numbness and soreness in the chin. This can be relieved by medicine prescribed by the doctor. Also, the patient is asked to stick to a liquid and soft diet for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chin Augmentation
When can I get back to work and other activities after Mentoplasty?
According to the recovery timeline, people are able to get back to work after 1-2 weeks of the surgery. Patients can return to their usual physical activities such as swimming, gymnastics and other activities like sunbathing, one month after surgery.
Does Mentoplasty leave scar?
In Mentoplasty, the incisions are usually made either under the chin or inside the mouth. These incisions heal fast and are not noticeable.
What are the general post-operative instructions?
A patient should not use moisturizers before the stitches are taken out and should only wash face with a neutral soap. Warm or hot hair dryer should be completely avoided and so should be exposure to sun.
Is Mentoplasty painful?
Mentoplasty is performed under local or general anesthesia. After surgery, there might be some numbness and soreness in the chin for which mild painkillers are prescribed by the doctor.
Does medical insurance cover Mentoplasty?
No, the medical insurance does not cover Mentoplasty and complications related to it, as it is an elective, cosmetic surgery.