More about Hair Implant: Cost, Procedure and FAQs
- How Do I Fix Hair Loss?
- What are Hair Implants?
- Who Are The Ideal Candidates For A Hair Implant Procedure?
- What Are The Different Types Of Hair Implant?
- What To Do Before A Hair Implant Procedure?
- What Is The Post-operative Care For A Hair Implant Procedure?
- What Is The Diet For Hair Implant?
- What Are The Realistic Expectations From A Hair Implant Procedure?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Hair Implants?
- Who Should Avoid Undergoing Hair Implants?
- What Are The Alternatives To Hair Implant?
- Does Hair Implant Lead To Scarring?
- What Are the Temporary Side-effects Of Hair Implants?
- How To Choose A Surgeon For A Hair Implants?
- How Inexpensive Is Hair Implant Overseas?
- How Much Time Will Hair Implants take?
- How Is A Hair Implant Procedure Performed?
- Important Things To Know About Hair Implants
- Frequently Asked Questions For Hair Implants
- Medical Tourism For Scar Surgery
- Cost Without Insurance
- How Much Does A Hair Implant Procedure Cost?
- What Are The Popular Countries For Hair Implant?
- What Do Hair Implant Statistics Say
- Quality Of Healthcare Abroad For Hair Implants
- Is Hair implant Safe Abroad?
How Inexpensive Is Hair Implant Overseas?
You can compare hair implant prices aross the world here. The procedure is available at a low cost in many south Asian countries.
How Much Time Will Hair Implant Take?
|Procedure Duration||4-6 hrs|
|Average Duration Of Stay Abroad||2-4 days|
|No. Of Trips Required||1|
How Is A Hair Implant Procedure Performed?
Under the effect of local anesthesia, the synthetic hair implants, generally made up of biofibre are grafted to the scalp, using an implanter. The colour and length of the hair is opted according to the choice of the patient. Usually performed as an outpatient surgery, hair implant takes only 4 to 8 hours, but the patient might be required to stay for one day depending on a number of factors.
Important Things To Know About Hair Implants
- People allergic to synthetic material, local anesthesia and having diseases related to immune system and scalp are at risk in a Hair Implant treatment.
- Ideal candidates for this implant are men with male-pattern baldness, women with thinning hair and people who have lost hair because of certain injury or burns.
- Hair implant, also called artificail hair restoration is principally recommended for people who have no hair donor sites or want painless and immediate results.
- Some of the potential risks of hair implant are inflammation, bleeding, Infection and unnatural looking hair, among others.
- Patients are normally given a surgical dressing to wear on the scalp, after surgery. There might be some inflammation in the scalp for which the patient might have to take painkillers, as prescribed by the doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions For Hair Implants
- How is Hair Implant different from Hair Transplant?
Hair Implant uses artificial biofibre for grafting whereas Hair transplant takes hair from the donor sites present in patient’s body. Implanted hairs are fixed and can not grow further but transplanted hairs can.
- Does Hair Implant involve any incisions?
Hair Implant is a painless method of hair restoration as no incisions are made during the implantation.
- What precautions should be taken after the implant?
Biofibre hair should be taken care of in a similar way as natural hair. The scalp should be regularly and gently massaged and the hair should not be combed harshly. Also, patients should avoid dyeing biofibre hair.
- What kind of a shampoo should I use after the implantation?
Patients can use any shampoo with PH 7 and above. In case of dandruff and scaly scalp, patient should use a shampoo suggested by the doctor.
- How long does the hair implant last?
On an average, hair implant lasts for several months. The extent can vary, depending upon how well the artificial hair are maintained and taken care of. Occasional shedding may take place but the hair do not fall out all at once.