More about Ear Surgery: Cost, Procedure and FAQs
- How To Correct Protruding Or Bat Ears?
- What Is Ear Surgery?
- Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Ear Surgery?
- What To Do Before Ear Surgery Procedure?
- What Is The Post-operative Care For Ear Surgery Procedure?
- What Is The Diet For Ear Surgery Procedure?
- What Are The Realistic Expectations From An Ear Surgery Procedure?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Ear Surgery?
- Who Should Avoid Undergoing Ear Surgery?
- What Are The Alternatives To Ear Surgery?
- Will Ear Surgery Lead To Scarring?
- What Are the Temporary Side-effects Of Ear Surgery?
- How To Choose A Surgeon For An Ear Surgery Procedure?
- How Inexpensive Is Ear Surgery Overseas?
- Time Requirements For An Ear Surgery
- How Is An Ear Surgery Performed?
- Important Things To Know About Ear Surgery
- Frequently Asked Questions About Ear Surgery
- Medical Tourism For Ear Surgery
- Cost Without Insurance
- How Much Does An Ear Surgery Procedure Cost?
- What Are The Popular Countries For Ear Surgery?
- What Do Ear Surgery Statistics Say?
- Quality Of Healthcare Abroad For Ear Surgery
- Is An Ear Surgery Procedure Safe Abroad?
How Inexpensive Is Ear Surgery Overseas?
Compare ear surgery prices across different countries like Hungary, Thailand, Malaysia and USA. Otoplasty is available in JCI accredited hospitals in south Asian countries at very low costs.
Time Requirements For Ear Surgery
|Treatment Duration||1-2 Hours|
|Average Length Of Stay Abroad||1 Week|
|Number Of Trips Required||1|
Important Facts To Know About Ear Surgery
It is recommended that the patient doesn’t wash his or her hair for about a week following the surgery.
After the bandages are removed, it is advisable that the patient wears a protective headband while sleeping.
Swimming and contact sports like rugby or judo are not allowed for about 10 weeks of the recovery timeline.
Temporary itching and discomfort for a few days following the surgery is normal.
Potential risks include infection, over-correction, under-correction, asymmetry and scarring behind the ear.
The treatment is not recommended for children below 5 years of age.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ear Surgery
- Can Otoplasty be reversed?
Changes made due to this surgery are permanent. However, the shape of the ear may change over time. Any further changes by surgery are severely limited by amount of tissue still present in the ear.
- Does Otoplasty affect hearing?
No, the relatively minor structural adjustments made to the structure of the ear do not affect the patient’s hearing.